Former cybersecurity chief hints at legal action against Trump attorney who said he should be ‘shot’

Source: Politico | December 1, 2020 | Quint Forgey

“The way I look at it is that we’re a nation of laws, and I plan to take advantage of those laws,” said Christopher Krebs.

Former federal cybersecurity chief Christopher Krebs, who was fired last month for contradicting President Donald Trump’s election-related conspiracy theories, suggested Tuesday that he may pursue legal action against a Trump campaign attorney who said he should be “shot.”

“It’s certainly more dangerous language, more dangerous behavior,” Krebs told NBC’s “Today” show, referring to the incendiary remarks from Joe DiGenova — one of the lawyers pursuing the president’s effort to overturn the results of the election.

“The way I look at it is that we’re a nation of laws, and I plan to take advantage of those laws,” Krebs said. “I’ve got an exceptional team of lawyers that win in court, and I think they’re probably going to be busy.”

Pressed on whether comments such as DiGenova’s could be met with legal action, Krebs replied: “We’re taking a look at all our available opportunities.”

DiGenova’s attack against Krebs came on a Monday episode of the “The Howie Carr Show,” during which he criticized the former director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency for concluding that the election was conducted securely.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45072

Consistent #45081

Consistent #45082

Consistent #45089

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.