Former UN ambassador (Nikki Haley) predicts Trump won't be impeached

Source: The Hill | November 8, 2019 | Tal Axelrod

Former U.S ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley predicted that President Trump will not be impeached, and likened the House’s investigation into his dealings with Ukraine to a “death penalty.”

“You’re going to impeach a president for asking for a favor that didn’t happen and — and giving money and it wasn’t withheld? I don’t know what you would impeach him on,” Haley told CBS anchor Norah O’Donnell in an interview set to air this weekend.

“Impeachment is, like, the death penalty for a public official,” she continued. “When you look at the transcript, there’s nothing in that transcript that warrants the death penalty for the president.”

……..

Haley dismissed Democrats’ concerns, saying Ukraine never launched an investigation and Trump ultimately released the aid to Kiev. 

“The Ukrainians never did the investigation. And the president released the funds,” she said. “I mean, when you look at those, there’s just nothing impeachable there.

“And more than that, I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the American people should decide this,” she added. “Why do we have a bunch of people in Congress making this decision?”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #33285

Consistent #33286

Consistent #33287

Consistent #33288

Consistent #33289

EVERYDAY #33290

Another passenger on the Trump Train. A shame. I thought she was smart.

I think Trump will be impeached. The question is whether or not the senate will convict

Consistent #33291

Consistent #33292

Consistent #33293

Consistent #33294

Consistent #33305

Consistent #33306

Consistent #33308

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.