Fox News contributor Goldberg calls Gorka a 'bulls–t poseur'

Source: The Hill | June 6, 2018 | Joe Concha

Fox News contributors Jonah Goldberg and Sebastian Gorka traded verbal blows on Twitter on Monday night, with Goldberg calling Gorka a “bullshit poseur” and Gorka questioning Goldberg’s conservative credentials.

The back-and-forth came after Goldberg, also a senior editor for National Review, slammed President Trump for his decision to cancel a White House event honoring the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles because of what he called “deceitful propaganda.”

Goldberg argued the cancelation wasn’t really about protests by NFL players during the national anthem.

“The attempt to make the Eagles event cancellation about the national anthem is just a complete act of deceitful propaganda and conservatives should have zero to do with it. If that was the issue, why schedule the event in the first place? Also: None of them kneeled. Shameful,” wrote Goldberg.

Gorka quickly jumped in, declaring that Goldberg was “not a conservative.”

“Why is someone who’s not a Conservative think he gets to speak for all Conservatives and tell them what to do?” he asked on Twitter. “Suggest you stay in the locker room too given that 70% of Americans disagree with you and all #NeverTrumpers.”

Goldberg retorted by calling Gorka a “bullshit poseur” and argued he was more conservative than Gorka, who once served as a deputy assistant to President Trump.

“1. I know more about American conservatism than you ever will you bullshit poseur. 2. Relatedly I’m more conservative than you. 3. I didn’t speak for conservatives — something you laughably claim to do constantly. I offered an opinion about what they should do. 4. Try harder,” Goldberg wrote before evoking Fox News host Sean Hannity by first name as someone Gorka “bizarrely made friends” with.

“Seriously, @SebGorka is to American conservatism what the nerdy high school kid who bizarrely made friends with the high school jock (Sean) is to the cool crowd,” he wrote.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.