Fox News host presses Graham on remark about ‘holy hell’ if Trump fired Sessions

Source: The Hill | November 9, 2018 | John Bowden

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was pressed Thursday night by a Fox News reporter over his 2017 remarks that there would be “hell to pay” if President Trump fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

In an interview on “The Story,” host Martha MacCallum asked Graham about the comments now that Trump has fired Sessions.

After MacCallum played the clip, Graham laughed, and asked when he made the comments.

“So, when was that?” Graham asked. “What year?”

“July of 2017,” she answered. “Things have changed.”

Pausing for a moment, Graham said that Trump deserved an attorney general with whom he has “confidence,” and said that the relationship between Trump and Sessions had deteriorated for months.

“What I’ve been saying for months is every president deserves an attorney general they have confidence in and they can work with,” Graham said. “I like Jeff Sessions. I’ve known Jeff for a long time. I hope he goes and runs for his old Senate seat in Alabama. It’s clear to me it’s not working, was not working between Attorney General Sessions and President Trump.”

Graham went on to say that the Senate would continue to protect the special counsel, Robert Mueller, from undue interference from the White House as he continues his investigation into the Trump campaign and Russian election interference.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.