Fox News: We do 'not condone' hosts Hannity, Pirro participating in Trump campaign events

Source: The Hill | November 6, 2018 | Joe Concha

Fox News says it “does not condone” its hosts “participating in campaign events” as Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro did during a campaign rally with President Trump in Missouri on Monday night.

A network spokesperson on Tuesday called the event “an unfortunate distraction” that “has been addressed.”

“FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events,” read a statement to The Hill. “We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”

Hannity took to Twitter to also address the controversial decision to appear onstage. The host had stated in a tweet earlier on Monday that he would not do so, and wrote on Tuesday afternoon he was surprised but honored by the president’s request.

“What I said in my tweet yesterday was 100% truthful,” he wrote to his more than 3.8 million followers. “When the POTUS invited me on stage to give a few remarks last night, I was surprised, yet honored by the president’s request. This was NOT planned.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26290

ConservativeGranny #26291

“What I said in my tweet yesterday was 100% truthful,” he wrote to his more than 3.8 million followers. “When the POTUS invited me on stage to give a few remarks last night, I was surprised, yet honored by the president’s request. This was NOT planned.”

Maybe the correct word isn’t “planned” but “staged”. Either way Hannity, you lied. You just happened to be right there and just couldn’t say no?

Man’s explanation to his wife after being caught with a hooker: “I never lied. I was being 100% truthful when I said I would never cheat on you. When the hooker invited me into her hotel room I was surprised and flattered. It was NOT planned.”

See when you do the wrong thing it isn’t wrong unless you planned it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.