Fox's Kurtz: Trump's 'vulgarity' toward Chuck Todd 'not a good look'

Source: The Hill | March 12, 2018 | Joe Concha

Fox News media analyst Howard Kurtz on Monday described President Trump calling Chuck Todd “a sleeping son of a bitch” as vulgar and “not a good look for the president.”

The commentary from the “Media Buzz” host comes after Trump took aim at Todd during a raucous rally Saturday night ahead of a crucial special house election in Pennsylvania’s 18th District.

“I’m on ‘Meet the Press,’ a show now headed by sleepy-eyes Chuck Todd,” Trump said to laughter from the crowd. “He’s a sleeping son of a bitch.”

Kurtz during an appearance on Fox Business told “Varney & Co.” host Stuart Varney that Trump’s comments were “undignified.”

“I say that that was a mistake. It’s undignified, to be punching down by name a Sunday show host with that kind of vulgarity you had to bleep, I actually played it on my air, I didn’t bleep it,” Kurtz said.

“I think the president of the United States has every right to hit back against Chuck Todd or anyone else if he thinks that he has said something or reported something that is unfair or untrue,” Kurtz said. “But just to kind of call names. … Tom Brokaw got on Twitter and said very classy, explain that to your children.”

…….

Todd responded Sunday to the president by saying that he doesn’t allow his children to “to say anything negative, ever, about the president.”

“I bring my kids up to respect the office of the presidency and the president,” Todd said Sunday to News4 in Washington, D.C. “I don’t allow them to say anything negative, ever, about the president.”

“It creates a challenge to all parents when he uses vulgarities like that,” he added.

Todd has two children, ages 14 and 11.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.