Franklin Graham: Trump doesn't try to 'make up lies' but he has 'misspoken'

Source: The Hill | January 31, 2019 | Aris Folley

Evangelist Franklin Graham said during a recent interview that President Trump has “misspoken” at times in the past but defended him from accusations the president lies.

During an interview with MSNBC on Wednesday, news anchor Craig Melvin pressed Graham on a recent op-ed for Fox News he penned in which he wrote that the “truth is 100 percent right.” The MSNBC host questioned how Graham reconciles that belief with his support of Trump, who Melvin said has made over 8,000 false or misleading claims in his first two years in office according to The Washington Post

“You and I both know that this president has said things, over and over, that aren’t true,” Melvin claimed.

“No, I don’t know that,” Graham said. He also suggested the Post needs a fact-checker. “I don’t sit around and try to find every fault in the president every day, looking for everything that he might have misspoken or mis-said. I don’t do that.”

“But you can acknowledge that the president has said things that aren’t true?” Melvin asked. 

“I don’t think the president is sitting there behind the desk trying to make up lies,” Graham said. “I don’t believe that for a second. Has he misspoken on something? Sure. All of us do that.”

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.