George W. Bush congratulates Biden, Harris

Source: The Hill | November 8, 2020 | Zack Budryk

Former President George W. Bush extended his congratulations to President-elect Joe Biden in a statement Sunday, saying the former vice president had “won his opportunity to lead and unify our country.”

In a statement, Bush said he had spoken to both Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris to congratulate them.

“Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country. The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans,” Bush said. “I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can.”

Bush also extended his congratulations to President Trump and his supporters.

“He earned the votes of more than 70 million Americans — an extraordinary political achievement,” he said. “They have spoken, and their voices will continue to be heard through elected Republicans at every level of government.”

The former president echoed the call for unity Biden made in his victory speech Saturday night, saying, “We must come together for the sake of our families and neighbors, and for our nation and its future. There is no problem that will not yield to the gathered will of a free people.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.