Giuliani says he worries his gravestone will say 'He lied for Trump'

Source: The Hill | January 22, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani said in an interview published Sunday that he worries his legacy will be that he “lied for Trump,” but claimed that he has been truthful in his work as an attorney.

“I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. ‘Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.’ Somehow, I don’t think that will be it,” Giuliani said in an interview with the New Yorker.

“But, if it is, so what do I care?” he continued. “I’ll be dead. I figure I can explain it to St. Peter. He will be on my side, because I am, so far … I don’t think, as a lawyer, I ever said anything that’s untruthful.”

“I have a sense of ethics that is as high as anybody you can imagine,” Giuliani added. “I’ve been doing this forever. I am doing what I believe in. I may not always be right, but I am doing what I believe. And I believe (Trump) has been treated horribly.”

Giuliani, who joined Trump’s legal team in April 2018, has in recent days sought to clarify or walk back a number of statements regarding talks to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 election.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.