GOP candidate: Sexual misconduct allegations against Trump need to be investigated

Source: The Hill | March 23, 2018 | Ben Kamisar

An Arizona Republican state senator running in an upcoming special House election on Friday signaled support for an investigation into the allegations of sexual misconduct against President Trump.

State Sen. Debbie Lesko made the comments during a debate with her Democratic opponent, physician Hiral Tipirneni, when asked how much such allegations against the president concern her during her bid to join the GOP congress.

“He needs to address them, obviously. It needs to be investigated,” Lesko said of Trump during the debate televised on KPNX TV in Phoenix.

“I don’t know that he can lead on that issue, but he certainly needs to deal with it and it has to be investigated. I’m not the president and I don’t use his rhetoric, and I’m certainly not going to sexually harass anyone.”

Lesko also noted that she left an abusive husband earlier in her life and wants to be a “testament” to other women to show them abuse doesn’t have to define their future.

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.