GOP Rep. Cawthorn says he wants to ‘prosecute’ Fauci

Source: The Hill | July 23, 2021 | Jordan Williams

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) says he wants to “prosecute” Anthony Fauci should the GOP regain control of the House in 2022.

Cawthorn’s remark underscores how Fauci has become central to GOP attacks on the Biden administration and the government’s handling of the coronavirus, even as the delta variant sweeps through unvaccinated communities and it becomes clearer and clearer that vaccinations are a key to stomping out the disease.

Cawthorn made the remarks during an interview on the conservative news site Just the News on Real America’s Voice.

He also accused Fauci of being a “pawn of the Chinese Communist Party,” and suggested that he could be prosecuted for lying to Congress about gain-of-function research.

“I’ll tell you, when we take the majority back in 2022, I’ll make sure consequences are doled out,” Cawthorn said.

“We want to prosecute this guy to the full ability of the law. And I’ll tell you, to lie to the American people just to get your name in the news, just to get your face on the cover of books, just to get fame and fortune. I’ll tell you, Dr. Anthony Fauci does not deserve either fame or fortune,” he continued.

Fauci has been a government worker for decades and has won applause from members of both parties over the years for his work on a host of infectious diseases, including AIDS.

But his work has been politicized by figures on the right, and Cawthorn’s arguments echoed those of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that he would request a criminal referral from the Department of Justice to investigate Fauci for lying to Congress.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49748

Consistent #49749

He is projecting.

“And I’ll tell you, to lie to the American people just to get your name in the news, just to get your face on the cover of books, just to get fame and fortune. I’ll tell you, Madison Cawthorn does not deserve either fame or fortune,”

EVERYDAY #49751

That’s it. All of them — Cawthorn, Paul and others — want the publicity and notoriety. Not one of them has any proof that Dr. Fauci lied about the funding of the Wuhan lab. But they all want to fry him just because they didn’t like the truth he told about the virus. Again, they are all part of Donnie Boy’s ongoing genocide designed to cripple President Biden’s administration. They don’t care how many people die as a result. All of them — from Trump on down — should be the ones who are prosecuted for mass murder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.