GOP Sen. Murkowski 'struggling' with whether to vote for Trump

Source: The Hill | June 4, 2020 | Alexander Bolton

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Thursday praised former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’s scathing rebuke of President Trump as “true and honest and necessary” and admitted she is “struggling” with whether to vote for the president.

“I thought General Mattis’s words were true and honest and necessary and overdue,” Murkowski, the chair of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, said on her way to a vote in the Capitol Thursday.

“When I saw Gen. Mattis’s comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we’re getting to the point where we can be more honest with the concerns we might hold internally and have the courage of our convictions and speak up,” she told The Washington Post’s Paul Kane, who pooled the remarks and sent them to other Senate reporters.

Asked if she could vote for Trump in the 2020 election, Murkowski admitted, “I am struggling with it. I have struggled with it for a long time.”

She noted that Trump is “our duly elected president” and said “I will continue to work with him” and “I will continue to work with this administration.”

But she said she doesn’t know how to fully respond to Trump’s controversial handling of social justice protests that have swept the country, in particular his order to clear a crowd of peaceful protesters in front of the White House and his threat to deploy thousands of active-duty troops to restore order.

“I think right now as we are all struggling to find ways to express the words that need to be expressed appropriately, questions about who I’m going to vote for [or] not going to vote for I think are distracting at the moment,” she said. 

………

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #39828

Consistent #39834

ConservativeGranny #39837

The fact that this is a struggle for her says it all.

Consistent #39848

Consistent #39849

Consistent #39850

Consistent #39853

Consistent #39854

ConservativeGranny #39855

Does Lisa want an impeachment vote do-over?

EVERYDAY #39857

“Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!”

So because his widdle feelings are hurt by Sen. Murkowski’s comments, Little Donnie is going to throw her under the bus in favor of some do-nothing, know-nothing picked up off the streets.

Of course, I’m sure there are rabid Trump fans who would vote for any slob Trump endorses. But it would be nice if voters gave him the middle finger come election day and voted for the person who was best for them and their state, not someone just because he or she has Trump’s endorsement.

Consistent #39863

Consistent #39864

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.