GOP senator: Trump Georgia call 'a new low in this whole futile and sorry episode'

Source: The Hill | January 4, 2021 | Alexander Bolton

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) on Monday called President Trump’s conversation with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, in which the president pressured the state official to “find 11,780 votes” in his favor, a “new low” in a “futile and sorry episode.”

Toomey, whose home state of Pennsylvania’s electoral votes are being challenged by Trump supporters, applauded Raffensperger for resisting pressure to alter Georgia’s election results.

“President Trump’s call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger represents a new low in this whole futile and sorry episode,” Toomey said in a statement.

“I commend Republican election officials across the country who have discharged their duties with integrity over the past two months while weathering relentless pressure, disinformation, and attacks from the president and his campaign,” he said.

……..

“On Wednesday, I intend to vigorously defend our form of government by opposing this effort to disenfranchise millions of voters in my state and others,” Toomey tweeted Saturday.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.