Graham: Klobuchar owes Kavanaugh an apology for being part of a 'smear campaign'

Source: The Hill | October 3, 2018 | Justin Wise

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said late Tuesday that Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) owes Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh an apology for being part of a “smear campaign” launched against him.

“This is the one that bothers me the most. [Kavanugh] apologized to Amy Klobuchar for snapping at her. What would you do if you were accused of all these things, had your life ruined?” Graham asked on Fox News, referencing the exchange between Kavanaugh and Klobuchar last week as he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Here’s what I think,” Graham add. “Amy Klobuchar should apologize to Kavanaugh and his family for being part of a smear campaign that I haven’t seen for over 20 years in politics.” 

The comments from Graham came days after Kavanaugh and Klobuchar engaged in a heated exchange as he testified about a sexual assault allegation brought against him by Christine Blasey Ford. Ford alleges Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party in the 1980’s. He has denied all allegations against him.

Klobuchar asked Kavanaugh if he had ever consumed so much alcohol that he blacked out.

But Kavanaugh turned the question around and asked the Minnesota senator, “Have you?”

Kavanaugh later apologized for the response, saying that the process had been especially tough on him. 

Klobuchar said she appreciated the apology. But she slammed his temperament a day later, saying that if she “was in [Kavanaugh’s] courtroom and acted like that, he would have thrown me out.”

Graham has repeatedly denounced Democrats for how they have handled sexual misconduct allegations brought against Kavanaugh. He said earlier this week that “taking Kavanaugh down would unleash forces from the darkest side of American politics in perpetuity.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.