Graham says he doesn't think any senators will vote to compel testimony from Mulvaney, Bolton

Source: The Hill | December 22, 2019 | Zack Budryk

Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) predicted no senators would vote to compel testimony in President Trump’s impeachment trial from current and former White House officials for whom the administration has invoked executive privilege.

“The president is invoking executive privilege around [acting chief of staff] Mick Mulvaney, [former national security adviser] John Bolton and others,” Graham told Fox’s Maria Bartiromo on “Fox News Futures.” “They’ve impeached him because he wanted to go to court.”

Asked by Bartiromo whether he believed any senators would vote to compel testimony from those witnesses, Graham responded “No, I don’t.”

“If you call these witnesses who work for the president after he’s invoked executive privilege… if you deny him his day in court, then you’re abusing the constitutional rights of Donald Trump as president and you’re putting the entire presidency at risk,” Graham said.

“I can’t imagine any senator doing this to the presidency. I hope senators will not vote to compel witnesses before the court determines whether or not there’s executive privilege,” he added.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.