Haley: Giuliani should've been named 'special envoy' to Ukraine

Source: The Hill | November 15, 2019 | Marina Pitofsky

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Thursday said that she thought the administration could have handled Rudy Giuliani’s work with Ukraine better by appointing him as a special envoy to Ukraine.

“I think it could have been handled better. I mean I think they should have named him the special envoy so that everyone within the administration knew what his role was,” Haley said in a Thursday appearance on CNN.

Giuliani has emerged as a central figure in the Trump administration’s contacts with Ukraine, the issue at the heart of House impeachment inquiry launched earlier this year. Multiple Trump administration officials have testified about Giuliani’s role in contacting and meeting with Ukrainian officials. 

Former special envoy Kurt Volker introduced Giuliani and a top adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Andrey Yermak, in July, according to a text message Giuliani tweeted. He has confirmed that he met with other top officials in an effort to uncover information about former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.