Haley says Trump focused on Syria in response to questions about Cohen, Comey

Source: Washington Examiner | April 15, 2018 | Julia Manchester

Pressed about President Trump’s state of mind on Sunday, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said her boss has been focused on Syria in her own interactions with the commander-in-chief.

“I have spent multiple times with the president at the White House and on the phone this past week, and his state of mind was very much focused on Syria, chemical weapons, getting the options that were there, making sure we were not doing anything to cause casualties of human life whether it was our allies or of the Syrian people,” Haley told CBS News’ Margaret Brennan on “Face the Nation.”

“His focus was very much on making sure we knew all of the information so that we didn’t make a misstep, and waiting it out to make sure if we were going to do this, we were going to do it right,” she added.

Haley was asked during the appearance about Trump’s state of mind. On Sunday morning, Trump unleashed a series of tweets fired at former FBI Director James Comey who has a new book coming out that makes a number of criticisms and personal attacks on the president.

…….

Haley avoided addressing the president’s claim when asked by Brennan whether it was right to call the raid an attack on the country. 

“First of all, I have been drowning in all things Syria, North Korea, and Iran, so I can’t..I’m sorry, I don’t have enough information on anything related to Comey or all of those things. I haven’t watched TV to watch that. I have been very focused on foreign policy. I think the president is focused on foreign policy in the meetings I have been in, so I can only talk about those issues,” she said. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.