Hensarling Endorses Ted Cruz

Source: Jeb Hensarling | March 17, 2016 |

DALLAS – U.S. Congressman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) today announced his endorsement of Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in the 2016 Republican Presidential Primary.

“We started this process with a deep field of talented individuals, and I said from the beginning that I wanted to see the candidates take a few laps around the track before publicly weighing in on the race.

“For all practical purposes, I believe we are down to two candidates who can secure the Republican nomination – Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. Based on Donald Trump’s track record, I have serious questions about his commitment to the conservative cause and the values that we share. And while I fully intend to support the eventual nominee, I think Republicans must offer the American people a clear vision of governance and put forth conservative solutions to the very real challenges we face if we are going to defeat Hillary Clinton in November. I feel Ted Cruz is the conservative candidate best equipped for this important task, and I am proud to officially announce my support for him.

“Since his first day in the Senate, Ted Cruz has been a strong, clear voice against the misguided policies, and often unconstitutional actions, of the Obama Administration– clearly demonstrating that he is willing to stand up and fight the important battles. He has consistently followed his convictions in pursuit of a limited federal government that ensures the liberty and freedom granted by God and written in our Constitution. As the Dallas Morning News put it, ‘from the day Ted Cruz introduced himself, he has been exactly what he said he would be.’

“I believe that now is the time for Republicans and conservatives to unite behind the candidate who can not only win in November, but who will govern according to the principles we advocate and share. Ted Cruz is that person, and I implore my fellow conservatives to join me in supporting him.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.