HERO: Louisiana Woman Selflessly Saves Police Officer

Source: The Resurgent | February 22, 2017 | Erick Erickson

Vickie Williams-Tillman, 56, “is a hero and demonstrates the true meaning of loving God and loving your neighbor,” says Baton Rouge, Louisiana Mayor-President Sharon Weston-Broome.  Williams-Tillman is being lauded for her actions in assisting a police officer who was being attacked by a 28 year-old drug suspect.

She was “driving to a store, listening to gospel music on her radio” when she saw the officer in trouble.  The suspect was beating the officer with the officer’s baton and attempting to retrieve the officer’s sidearm.  Disregarding her own safety, Williams-Tillman stopped to assist and jumped on the suspect’s back to try to end his attack on the officer.  Soon afterwards, additional police arrived to assist, subduing the suspect with a stun gun and arresting him.

Of her heroics in helping the officer, Williams-Tillman is quoted as saying, “I could see in his eyes he needed help… You don’t have time to think about it … I did what God needed me to do… It was something that went through my soul.  You don’t think about the risk.”

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.