Hogan 'embarrassed that more people' in the GOP 'aren't speaking up' against Trump

Source: The Hill | November 22, 2020 | Justine Coleman

Republican Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Sunday that he’s “embarrassed that more people” in the GOP “aren’t speaking up” against President Trump in the wake of the election.

Hogan told CNN’s “State of the Union” that he was no longer “sure” he’s “confident” that Trump will “do the right thing” and concede after President-elect Joe Biden was declared the victor two weeks ago.

The Republican governor slammed the “pressuring of the legislatures” to “somehow change the outcome” of the election as “completely outrageous,” expressing concern for how the U.S. will be perceived abroad. 

“We were the most respected country with respect to elections,” he said. “And now, we’re beginning to look like we’re a banana republic. It’s time for them to stop the nonsense. It just gets more bizarre every single day.”

“And frankly, I’m embarrassed that more people in the party aren’t speaking up,” he added.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44925

Consistent #44949

EVERYDAY #44952

With all due respect, Governor, but you and so many others in the GOP should have come forward months or even a couple of years ago. You all knew Trump is mentally ill and dangerous. We peasants figured that out long ago and most of us didn’t have access to him as you all did. None of us could do anything and we looked to all of you for help. You did nothing, so we had to wait till November 3 to vote him out So where were you all this time?

Now these cowards are coming out of the woodwork, looking for accolades for their bravery. The H with all of them. As fsr as I’m concerned, they are all accomplices to Trump’s evil deeds.

ConservativeGranny #44966

I hear you. It’s irritating that they are first complaining now.

Consistent #44970

Gov. Larry Hogan explored running against Trump during the primaries, but found that it would have been a steep hill to climb for him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.