Hotel pulls plug on Hawley fundraiser

Source: Politico | January 16, 2021 | Evan Semones

Loews Hotels announced it would not play host to an already scheduled event for the Missouri senator.

Loews Hotels announced Saturday that it won’t host a planned fundraiser next month for Sen. Josh Hawley at one of its Florida properties.

“We are horrified and opposed to the events at the Capitol and all who supported and incited the actions,” the company said in a statement posted to Twitter. “In light of those events and for the safety of our guests and team members, we have informed the host of the Feb. fundraiser that it will no longer be held at Loews Hotels.”

While the statement doesn’t mention the Missouri Republican by name, a political action committee affiliated with Hawley’s re-election, Fighting for Missouri PAC, was scheduled to hold a Valentine’s Day weekend fundraiser for the senator Feb. 12-15 at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel in Orlando, Fla., near the Universal Orlando theme park.

“Please join Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) for a Fun-Filled-Family-Friendly Orlando Weekend Event,” a flier for the event read.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #46534

Consistent #46535

Consistent #46536

Consistent #46537

EVERYDAY #46540

Hawley is now whining about “cancel culture” and his alleged loss of his “free speech rights” now that his book publisher won’t publish his book. Hawley is an attorney, but I guess he skipped classes on the Constitution and free speech because he doesn’t know that canceling the fundraiser and the book publication are business decisions, not violation of his rights. He is free to get another publisher or self-publish his book and he is free to find another venue for his fundraiser.

Hawley, I guess, is learning there are consequences to supporting an insurrection. That photo of him fist-pumping toward the Capitol invaders will ruin him far more than canceled fundraiser or book publishing. Even if he is not brought up on charges for inciting the insurrection, I don’t see re-election or election to another higher office in his future. Stick a fork in Josh; he’s done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.