They almost had me. As a conservative, I do whatever I can to keep away from the hooks of the Republican Establishment and their incessant drumbeat of rhetoric (often heard on Fox News or seen on the Wall Street Journal) that claims Marco Rubio is the best alternative to Donald Trump.
I almost bought into it. With strong endorsements rolling in, I started to think that he might actually be the best bet. Thankfully, common sense and history kicked in and gave me the clarity I needed to see the truth. “They” are trying to destroy Ted Cruz because “they” fear him more than anyone else.
There are several different entities that are encompassed by the word “they” in this case. All of them have the same goal but different motives:
- Donald Trump fears Ted Cruz because he’s the only one who seems mostly unshaken by Trump’s use of Saul Alinski’s Rule #5. He’s not immune as was seen in his loss in South Carolina, but he’s resistant. Also, Cruz is the only other candidate that can win some of the “SEC Primary” states on March 1.
- The Republican Establishment fears Ted Cruz because, as Rush Limbaugh put it, he’s the “closest to Ronald Reagan” that we’ve seen in our lifetime. What many seem to have forgotten is that the Republican Establishment hated Reagan and his unabashedly conservative ideas. A Cruz Presidency represents a greater threat to their power than a Democratic President and is much more threatening than a Trump nomination.
- The Democrats fear Ted Cruz because he can beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders while Trump cannot. They’re attacking Cruz much more than the GOP frontrunner because they want Trump to win the nomination. Cruz… not so much.
- Marco Rubio fears Ted Cruz because he’s the guy that can prevent Rubio from getting his brokered convention. Trump can’t stop it. Cruz could. Since Rubio has no mathematical path to the nomination, his best hope is a brokered convention which, of course, would splinter and potentially destroy the Republican Party. It’s a risk he’s willing to take.
- Mainstream Media fears Ted Cruz because he can beat their Democratic sweethearts and because he would turn off the Trump coverage moneytrain they’ve been riding for months.
The narrative that the media is attempting to paint is very tricky. Be discerning. Use logic. Look at the facts. Make your decision. If you don’t support Trump, the only candidate that can beat him is Cruz.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.