Howard Stern floats 2024 bid against Trump: ‘There’s no way I’d lose’

Source: The Hill | November 9, 2021 | Judy Kurtz

Howard Stern says he could launch a White House bid in 2024 against former President Trump, quipping that he knows he’ll “beat his ass.”

The SiriusXM host said Tuesday that running for president could be his “civic duty” if Trump, who has repeatedly floated but not confirmed a 2024 bid, sought a second term.

“I would just sit there and play that f—ing clip of him trying to fix the election over and over again,” Stern said, referring to Trump’s phone call in January with Brad Raffensperger in which the then-president sought to persuade the Georgia secretary of state of evidence of election fraud in the Peach State.

“There’s no way I’d lose,” Stern, 67, said.

Stern’s comments came as he riffed on topics ranging from Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and vaccine hesitancy to former Trump officials defying congressional subpoenas as part of an investigation into the events surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

“If Trump decides to run again, you have to run against him,” co-host Robin Quivers said with a laugh. “That’s my plan.”

“I know. I’ll beat his ass,” Stern exclaimed in an amused tone.

“You can’t leave it to the Democrats,” Quivers responded.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.