I Have Signed No Oath of Loyalty to Donald Trump or the GOP

Source: The Resurgent | March 17, 2016 | Erick Erickson

Over the past twenty-four hours a sizable contingent of Trump supporters have emailed me to say I am obstructing “the will of the people.” What will is that exactly? Is that the will of more than half of Republicans who have not voted for Donald Trump in any state? Is that the will of the majority of Americans who have said they would oppose Donald Trump in a general election?

I have signed no oath of loyalty to Donald Trump or the GOP. The fact is very simple — Trump needs my vote. I do not need Trump, nor will I give Donald Trump my vote.

I am a conservative. I believe in limited governments, free markets, and free people. Donald Trump does not.

His values do not line up with my values. It is not an issues issue. I fundamentally disagreed with Mitt Romney and John McCain on issues, but I did not think either man a moral cretin.

I find Donald Trump to be a man of low moral character and low integrity. Essentially, Donald Trump is gold plated sleaze and I have no use for him at all ever.

…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2760

slhancock1948 #2764

My husband & I would say the exact same thing. We will write in Cruz’s name. P.E.R.I.O.D!

The very thought of voting FOR trump is vile to me. He is beyond bad. He is evil.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

silver pines #2782

“a moral cretin”

PREACH!

I second every word.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.