“I Think the Lord Came Over Me”

Source: The Resurgent | May 5, 2016 | Erick Erickson

I hope this man repents for saying that.

A South Carolina tow truck driver who is a Trump supporter went to help a woman in a car wreck. The woman was disabled, by the way. When he saw the Bernie Sanders sticker on the woman’s car, he told her he could not tow her and he drove away. When news reporters interviewed him, he said

“Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave,” Mr. Shupe said. “And when I got in my truck, you know, I was so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed.”

….

I also find this indicative of many Trump supporters. Instead of persuading people to support Trump, they take a “convert or die” attitude. I have no idea how refusing to help someone is standing up for what he believed in, unless he believes in being a jackass. Perhaps he does.

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5748

ConstitutionalConservative #5782

I am truly dismayed, when I began reading this I thought it to be satire a joke, apparently it is a true story, a horror story at that.

The evil we are in for with Hillary or Trump challenges the imagination, it won’t be long before we start hearing from obamaites and rino’s who will seem like relatively sane reasonable folks; saying, “Miss Me Yet”!
    It has been, is now and will continue to be increasing Surreal… a reality that defies and confounds the imagination. Yeah we are not in Kansas anymore.

CA Surveyor #5799

One has to be a jackass and a thug to support Trump.

This anecdote is no surprise to me.

Just look at how far Freerepublic has fallen under the Trumpocracy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.