I’m an RNC delegate who opposed Trump at the convention. It was a scary…

Source: Vox | July 23, 2016 | A #NeverTrump Delegate

I’m an RNC delegate who opposed Trump at the convention. It was a scary experience.

It’s hard to pinpoint the moment at which I realized Ted Cruz was about to drop a giant bomb in the middle of the Republican National Convention. I heard chanting coming from the New York delegation, and I slowly realized what they were saying: “Say his name! Say his name!”

You could write a whole sociolinguistic dissertation on those three words in this context.

And then it started to spread, as Cruz did something horrible, something that you should never, ever do at a political convention: He told people they should vote their consciences.

Well, we can’t have that.

Once it became very clear that Cruz wasn’t going to endorse Trump, the hall exploded. They tried to shout him down to “Trump! Trump! Trump!” “Honor your pledge!!!”

It was, to my ear, the loudest the hall got during the entire event — even louder than the welcome Trump would get the next night when he walked on stage to formally accept the nomination. It was a white hot, visceral anger. And the hall was soaked in it.

I never thought I could love Ted Cruz. But in that moment, I did.

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8524

Consistent #8525

Scarlett_Says #8526

Scary is one way to say it…

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

Consistent #8540

Scarlett_Says #8546

My own chairwoman threatened to remove my credentials. She berated our entire delegation from the moment we arrived to behave with decorum so as not to embarrass the state, then she was caught on camera screeching like a drunken haridan at Sen. Cruz. She also encouraged one young man, a fellow WA state delegate, to scream “shame” at Senator Lee.

I have a purpose in life and it includes making sure she never wins statewide office, EVER.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

ConstitutionalConservative #8552

Scarlett_Says:

I have a purpose in life and it includes making sure she never wins statewide office, EVER.

I’m confident you will accomplish your goal, it is indeed a righteous one, treasonous behavior lasts for but a season, it rightly carries a death sentence which may not be warranted in this case, but if not literally hanged by the neck, than her demise should be met with the shame of incredibly overwhelming defeat cast in the ever increasing ash heap of traitors where the rancid stench will never be subdued.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.