I'm done with Fox News

Source: American Thinker | April 26, 2016 | Patricia McCarthy

….

Fox News, as Mark Levin has observed, has become a Trump super-PAC instead of a news organization.  From morning throughout the day and night, it is Trump, Trump, Trump.

Many of us who have depended on Fox for “fair and balanced” news feel betrayed.  While Trump’s rants at his rallies are a form of repetitive mass hypnosis of an angry public by a fraudster, Fox has set out to convince its viewers that Trump is a legitimate candidate, not a spoiler for Hillary – that he is a conservative when he is clearly not.  His millions of supporters who have hitched their hopes for a better future, a return to American strength and values, to him will be sorely disappointed.  Trump has no core values beyond his own ego and accumulated wealth.  

….

Megyn Kelly sure got in trouble for challenging Trump and had to go grovel before him at Trump Tower.  Now she is about to interview him; it will most likely be a carefully orchestrated love-fest.  She has capitulated.  Greta is clearly his good friend of long standing, so she will not address his candidacy honestly.  Hannity has become, as one cartoonist drew it, Trump’s ventriloquist’s dummy.  And Giuliani!  What can one say about his support of Trump?

Meanwhile, O’Reilly speaks as though Trump is already the Republican nominee.  Maybe he will be; maybe he will not.  But he is not yet.  These folks are betraying the country for the friendship of a rich celebrity.

So I am finished with Fox News.  The channel has sold out to the lowest common denominator and actively sabotaged the one qualified candidate, the constitutional scholar, the Reaganesque guy.  While I greatly respect Bret Baier, Catherine Herridge, Jennifer Griffin, and a few others, the rest of them can wallow in their Trumpaphilia to their hearts’ content.

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5305

liberty #5368

I have been done with fox news for a long time. I don’t watch any tv news anymore.

Victoria #5369

Liberty, I go to Fox for regular news during the day and also CNN for regular news. In the evening, I’m going more to CNN because I can’t stand O’Riley (sp), but I do watch Megan Kelly. I have stopped watching Hannity as he just loves Trump now. CNN is more likely to tell the truth about Trump, at least they aren’t in the tank for him.

liberty #5371

We are empty nesters and when I get home from work, I get on my computer and check the news. I sometimes get a chance during the day to scan the news on line and get a quick look. I listen to talk and news radio in the car to and from work. We almost never turn on our TV anymore, only for specific events, like the debates, or a high profile news event. We also watch football on Sundays during the season.

kleindropper #5382

I haven’t had cable for almost 2 years so Fox News is not a problem for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.