Is Donald Trump Looking For An Exit Strategy To His Long Con Of America?

Source: RedState | April 16, 2016 | streiff

Just a couple of weeks ago this article appeared and got nowhere near the attention it merited.  Stephanie Cegielski, communications director for the now defunct pro-Trump Make America Great Again PAC (are you seeing a pattern with the “defunct” part?) wrote an open letter in which she labeled the Trump campaign a con, a publicity stunt:

Almost a year ago, recruited for my public relations and public policy expertise, I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it.

The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12 percent and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50 percent. His candidacy was a protest candidacy.

But something surprising and absolutely unexpected happened. Every other candidate misestimated the anger and outrage of the “silent majority” of Americans who are not a part of the liberal elite. So with each statement came a jump in the polls. Just when I thought we were finished, The Donald gained more popularity.

I don’t think even Trump thought he would get this far. And I don’t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.

He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver’s seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness. The Donald is his own biggest enemy.

The letter really fills in the gaps of how the Donald Trump campaign works and you should read it in its entirety. Read the last graf, though, it is important. We’ll get to it later.

So, is there anything in this pull quote that seems at odds with what we’ve seen? No, there isn’t. In fact, it explains nearly every question that has been raised about the Trump campaign from Day One. Donald Trump hired a low-end wannabe operative, Corey Lewandowski, to run his campaign. He hired crew of similar zeroes to help him out. He built no field infrastructure — the man just appointed a state chair for California last week. He relies on public polling. His campaign strategy is nothing more that a bunch of high school pep rallies. He doesn’t bother to learn about anything, and, in all seriousness, there is really no evidence that Trump is actually mentally curious or even mentally awake rather than being very clever in a hunted animal kind of way. This is why is Virginia campaign chair doesn’t know that the delegates have already been picked. This is why he can’t fill delegate slots on ballots. This is why he was routed in in Colorado and Wyoming.

Now let’s move one step further to a GQ article titled Donald Trump Wants To Lose A Contested Convention……

….

I think Drew has it exactly right. Trump knows he can’t reach 1237 delegates. He may have even decided he doesn’t really want to because if he wins the nomination he will have to compete in a tough presidential campaign in which the odds of him winning approach zero. That would make him a LOSER. That would permanently attach his name to an electoral blowout that would make people forget George McGovern, Walter Mondale, 1994, 2010, or 2014. If the letter at the top of this post is correct, then Trump needs to avoid being a loser and the only way he does that is by convincing his fan base that he was cheated by the Establishment. Then remember his bleating, last August, about the GOP not treating him fairly, and a third party run, that resulted in the GOP loyalty pledge for candidates.

The more you look at it the more the letter makes sense and Magary’s article makes sense. If you look at Trump’s campaign as a long con that got out of hand, as a political version of The Producers, then there is really no mystery here, just a very painful and dangerous farce.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4602

Consistent #4603
    Victoria #4605

I have said he can’t afford for the Trump name to lose. No developer would want to buy the “Trump” name again for a hotel or recreation area. “Trump” would represent “Loser”. His entire corporation would be hit hard with that loser name. He will not allow that to happen, so he is setting up a way to get out of this if he is about to lose and that is by blaming the party for being unfair/underhanded/illegal/you name it.

It is totally ridiculous to tell the party they better change their way of choosing delegates fast or there will be trouble in July. He has to be smart enough, surely, to know they can’t change the way of choosing delegates in any state. But, you see, that is his way out – Trump says, “They didn’t change the way to choose delegates like i told them to, so you see what happened – they made me lose – they are cheaters and liars.”

slhancock1948 #4613

Please, Trump, go ahead and exit the campaign. Just say you’re going to run 3rd party, then don’t. That’s really the same game you’re playing right now. You want to look convincing, but you can always say that the states wouldn’t allow you to register. Basically the same as you are saying today, implying that they are letting Cruz come in and steal all the votes.

This farce has gone on long enough, done enough damage.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.