It's not a choice: The progressive cult must be crushed now

Source: Conservative Review | October 27, 2016 | Steve Deace

….

Unfortunately, it appears there are many who prefer tyranny these days. Certain elements of progressivism rely on tyranny as they rely on oxygen. It is their reason for getting up in the morning. Whatever their backward and broken cause, you will be made to care about it. If you are such a progressive, knowing your place in the pagan hive mind is paramount. There will be no dissent. There will be no questions. There will be no second opinions.

For never forget progressivism is the heresy of this era, and the spirit of the age. Seeking to replace the church with the state and God with the government. And political correctness is its inquisition.

Just ask New York University (NYU) assistant professor Michael Rectenwald.

His fear of the progressive thought police was such that he willingly suffered the indignity of posing as an anonymous Alt-Right professor on Twitter last month to speak his mind. All because he’d had it with trigger warnings and safe spaces. But he knew that if he tried to “engage in a dialogue” as progressives have long insisted upon, even among his own peers, he would be falling into a trap the likes of which turned the University of Missouri into an insane asylum within the last year. 

Still, Rectenwald finally came forward this week to discuss the Tweets that had increasingly been getting under the skin of NYU students and staff. Which, of course, proved his point. As did the letter signed by many of them accusing Rectenwald of being “guilty of illogic and incivility.”

Sure, guys, the man who feels compelled to go into witness protection just to speak his mind is the guilty one. And what could he possibly be talking about anyway? It’s not as if protestors on the other coast, at the University of California-Berkeley, were just caught on video blocking the entrance to a high-traffic campus footbridge in support of transgender safe spaces. People of color were allowed to go, but chants of “go around!” were leveled at white people.

….

“My contention is that this particular social-justice-warrior-left is producing the [A]lt-[R]ight by virtue of its insanity,” Rectenwald said in a discussion with the NYU student newspaper. He continued,

Frankly, I’m not really anti-pc. My contention is that the trigger warning, safe spaces and bias hotline reporting is not politically correct. It is insane. This stuff is producing a culture of hyper-vigilance, self-surveillance and panopticism. This kind of left that we’re talking about, the SJW — identity-politics left — it’s not political; it’s religious. A white, straight male like myself is guilty of something. I don’t know what. But I’m [expletive] sure I’m guilty of it. And I am very low on the ethical totem pole.

Preach, brother. And remember, that’s coming from somebody who actually claims to have an affinity for some degree of political correctness. But nuts is nuts, he says.

What’s nuts is we continue to tolerate this intolerance, while subsidizing it to boot. However, a culture capable of standing up to such nonsense probably wouldn’t have permitted it in the first place.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.