Jake Tapper fires back: Media didn't fire Flynn, Trump did

Source: The Hill | February 16, 2017 | Nikita Vladimirov

CNN anchor Jake Tapper on Wednesday fired back at President Trump for accusing the “fake media” of mistreating ousted national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“The media, of course, did not fire Gen. Flynn. President Trump did. What the media did do, was reveal to the nation that Gen. Flynn had lied to the country and to the Trump team,” Tapper said during his program. Trump on Wednesday defended the former official, stating that the media treated Flynn “very unfairly.”

“I think he’s been treated very, very unfairly by the media — as I call it, the fake media, in many cases,” Trump said during his joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “I think it’s really a sad thing he was treated so badly.”

….

During his program, Tapper also went after Trump’s tweet that accused the media of spreading “conspiracy theories” about Russia.

The CNN host then proceeded to show clips of Trump’s previous remarks about Ted Cruz’s father and President Obama’s birth certificate.

“Those are conspiracy theories. These are facts, as established by former and current national security and intelligence officials,” Tapper said.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.