Jake Tapper says he won't interview McEnany because she 'lies the way that most people breathe'

Source: The Hill | December 28, 2020 | John Bowden

CNN’s Jake Tapper said Sunday he does not interview certain pro-Trump guests, including White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, because of what he called their propensity to lie in defense of the president.

During an interview with Brian Stelter on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” Tapper said that unlike other Trump surrogates such as former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, McEnany “can’t acknowledge reality” and “tells lies all the time.”

“There are some people that are so mendacious, I just wouldn’t put them on air,” Tapper said. “Kayleigh McEnany, I never booked her. Jason Miller from the Trump campaign, I would never book him. These are just people who tell lies the way that most people breathe. There was no value in that.”

McEnany, who in addition to serving as White House press secretary is also an adviser for the Trump campaign, responded on Twitter by calling the conversation between Tapper and Stelter “a therapy session for a broken network.”

“I do not lie. I do not leak,” McEnany tweeted.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.