Jason Miller backs out of Trump White House job

Source: Politico | December 24, 2016 | Alex Isenstadt

Jason Miller, who was tapped only two days ago to be White House communications director, announced Saturday that he will not join Donald Trump’s administration.

In a statement to POLITICO, Miller said the decision to back out of the job stemmed from a need to spend more time with his family. He noted that he and his wife are expecting their second child next month.

“After spending this past week with my family, the most amount of time I have been able to spend with them since March 2015, it is clear they need to be my top priority right now and this is not the right time to start a new job as demanding as White House communications director,” Miller said. “My wife and I are also excited about the arrival of our second daughter in January, and I need to put them in front of my career.”

Miller, 41, informed top Trump officials of his decision on Friday night, according to a source familiar with the matter.

….

Before joining the Trump team this summer, Miller advised one of his primary opponents, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.