Jeff Flake: I can’t support Donald Trump at this point

Source: Washington Times | June 6, 2016 | David Sherfinski

Sen. Jeff Flake, Arizona Republican, said on Monday that he can’t endorse presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump at this point and said Mr. Trump’s questioning the impartiality of a judge because of the judge’s Mexican heritage is a “new level.”

“It’s uncomfortable not having endorsed the Republican nominee, I have to say, but I can’t at this point,” Mr. Flake said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“I hope to be able to support the nominee. I certainly can’t right now,” Mr. Flake said.

Even Republican leaders who have said they’ll support Mr. Trump, such as House Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, have distanced themselves from Mr. Trump’s attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing one of the cases alleging fraud against Trump University.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6761

ConstitutionalConservative #6763

This is just one incident what of the many others, all he is doing is registering a complaint more of a CYA really. Sounds to me like he is saying he will support Trump if he does or says something that will extract Flake from his current rock and hard place. He will look so foolish when Trump does nothing and Flake supports him anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.