Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff

Source: The Hill | July 14, 2020 | Julia Manchester

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed in his bid to reclaim his old Senate seat after losing to former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville in the Alabama GOP runoff on Tuesday.

Tuberville was leading Sessions 63 percent to 37 percent with 35 percent of precincts reporting, according to The Associated Press.

The former football coach will go on to face Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.) in November. Jones is considered the most vulnerable Democrat facing reelection in 2020 in a race The Cook Political Report rates as “Lean Republican.”

The runoff comes months after the state’s Republican primary in March, when Sessions received 31.6 percent of the vote and Tuberville garnered 33.4 percent. Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-Ala.) came in third with 25 percent of the vote.

………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41111

Consistent #41115

EVERYDAY #41118

Not a fan of Jeff Sessions, but it’s a shame he lost, likely because of Trump bad mouthing him and backing his opponent. Tuberville sounds like a real zero and I have my doubts he will be anything but a Trump fan. However, the people have decided and I hope, if he’s elected, Tuberville won’t disappoint them.

Consistent #41147

Consistent #41149

EVERYDAY #41153

I’ll bet Trump wasn’t kidding about endorsing Jones if Sessions had won. He is that rotten.

ConservativeGranny #41164

And yet Sessions still supports Donald Trump and says he will be voting for him. Go figure.

EVERYDAY #41167

Sessions must be a masochist. Don’t know who is worse — him or Ted Cruz.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.