Jerry Falwell Jr. is a Disgrace to Liberty University and Should Resign

Source: RedState | October 13, 2016 | Ben Howe

When I told my sister, a Liberty University alum, that I was writing this post, her objection was that Jerry Falwell Jr. is “the best thing that ever happened to Liberty University.”

Which you would think would give me pause.  But it doesn’t. Because what she is referring to is the way he turned the Christian university around as its president.  But Falwell’s administrative ability has never been the issue. He may very well be the greatest president the school has ever seen.

It’s the second “job” he’s taken on in recent months that have caused him to disgrace the school.

It’s no secret that Donald Trump, seen here with Jerry Falwell Jr. standing in front of a playboy magazine enshrined on the wall, has a lot of accusers coming out of the woodwork saying that the “billionaire” presidential candidate is a womanizer and sexual predator.

Heavy charges that should be taken as seriously as we’ve always taken the charges against Bill Clinton.  Much like we saw with Bill, as well as Bill Cosby, Anthony Weiner and even Herman Cain, when enough people keep coming forward with the same stories with similar elements describing behavior that is consistently in line with what other accusers have said, it tends to be taken as credible. And rightly so.

With Trump there is an added feature: he’s bragged about doing the very things he’s accused of doing.

So at a minimum, these charges and accusations should cause any Trump supporter to think for a moment and at least potentially ask themselves the question “Could I still support this guy if the charges are legitimate?”

In an interview on CNN last night, Jerry Falwell Jr. seemed to say yes.

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.