Jim Jordan: Trump not serious in calls for China to investigate Biden

Source: Politico | October 6, 2019 | Rishika Dugyala

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan on Sunday furthered what may be a new GOP strategy: questioning President Donald Trump’s seriousness in asking China to investigate the Biden family.

In an animated exchange on ABC with host George Stephanopoulos, Jordan — one of the president’s most vocal supporters — evaded answering “yes” or “no” to the question of whether Trump’s request for foreign powers to investigate a political rival was appropriate.

“You really think he was serious about thinking that China’s going to investigate the Biden family?” the Ohio Republican said. “I think he’s getting the press all spun up about this. Remember, this is the president who’s been tougher on China than any other president.”

Stephanopoulos later asked, “We’re not supposed to take the president at his word?”

Jordan’s response: Trump was just being Trump. His request to China was to make a statement and say “what’s on the minds of so many Americans.”

“You would think after … a few years of following this president, you would understand sort of how this guy communicates. I think that is what he’s doing,” Jordan said.

…….

On Friday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told reporters in Florida that it wasn’t “a real request” and Trump was “just needling the press.” Senate Rules Committee Chairman Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) followed suit on Sunday, saying on CBS, “I doubt the China comment was serious.”

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.