JK Rowling pushes back against activists who posted her home address online

Source: The Hill | November 23, 2021 | Brooke Migdon

“They should have reflected on the fact that I’ve now received so many death threats I could paper the house with them, and I haven’t stopped speaking out.”

The “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling on Monday fired back against several transgender activists who had posted her home address online while protesting there late last week.

Comedian Holly Stars, actor Georgia Frost and drag performer Richard Energy demonstrated in front of Rowlinging’s home in Edinburgh, Scotland, on Friday night, just before Transgender Day of Rememberance. In a now-deleted photo posted to Twitter, the trio were shown at the author’s home with her home address visible in the background.

“I have to assume that @IAmGeorgiaFrost, @hollywstars and @Richard_Energy_ thought doxxing me would intimidate me out of speaking up for women’s sex-based rights,” Rowling wrote in a Twitter thread. “They should have reflected on the fact that I’ve now received so many death threats I could paper the house with them, and I haven’t stopped speaking out.”

Rowling has been the subject of controversy in recent years for making comments online that some have viewed as transphobic. Her beliefs have led many to label her as a “TERF,” or transgender-exclusionary radical feminist.

Rowling maintains she supports the trans community.

“Perhaps — and I’m just throwing this out there — the best way to prove your movement isn’t a threat to women, is to stop stalking, harassing and threatening us,” the author wrote in another tweet directed at Stars, Frost, and Energy. Rowling revealed last year she is a survivor of domestic abuse and sexual assault.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.