John Boehner backs Paul Ryan for president, calls Ted Cruz ‘Lucifer’

Source: Washington Times | March 16, 2016 | Kellan Howell

Former House Speaker John A. Boehner said current Speaker Paul D. Ryan should be the Republican nominee for president if the party fails to chose a candidate on the first ballot at its national convention this summer in Cleveland.

“If we don’t have a nominee who can win on the first ballot, I’m for none of the above,” Mr. Boehner said at the Future Industry Association conference in Boca Raton, Florida, Politico reported. “They all had a chance to win. None of them won. So I’m for none of the above. I’m for Paul Ryan to be our nominee.”

….

The speaker is grateful for the support, but he is not interested. He will not accept a nomination and believes our nominee should be someone who ran this year,” AshLee Strong said Wednesday in an email to the Reuters news agency.

….

During the same question-and-answer session in Florida, Mr. Boehner referred to Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, another Republican presidential candidate, as “Lucifer.”

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2748

What is Boehner doing now? Lobbyist?

slhancock1948 #2757

Yes, he is. That’s why he doesn’t want a Cruz presidency. All the more reason to get Ted in! Besides, he was all ready to hand Obama his Gang of 8 Bill to sign and Ted stopped it cold. THAT is really his complaint! McConnell & Boehner are truly democrats…not to mention the majority of others that side with them.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

rodamala #2789

As they used to say in days of old… FUJB.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.