Judge orders Stone to appear in court after he shared photo of her with crosshairs

Source: The Hill | February 19, 2019 | Lydia Wheeler

The federal judge overseeing Roger Stone’s criminal case in Washington, D.C., has ordered him to appear in court on Thursday to explain why the gag order she issued last week and his condition of release shouldn’t be modified.

The order comes after Stone, an informal adviser of President Trump, shared and quickly deleted a photo of Judge Amy Berman Jackson on his Instagram account over the weekend with what appeared to be small crosshairs next to her head.

Text accompanying the photograph criticized Berman Jackson, an Obama appointee, for her prior rulings.

“Through legal trickery Deep State hitman Robert Mueller has guaranteed that my upcoming show trial is before Judge Amy Berman Jackson , an Obama appointed Judge who dismissed the Benghazi charges again [sic] Hillary Clinton and incarcerated Paul Manafort prior to his conviction for any crime. #fixisin Help me fight for my life at @StoneDefenseFund.com,” the post read.

Stone filed a formal apology with the court on Sunday for what he called an improper photograph and comment and said it had been removed.

“Please inform the court that the photograph and comment today was improper and should not have been posted,” he said in the apology. “I had no intention of disrespecting the court and humbly apologize to the court for the transgression.”

Berman Jackson has ordered Stone to appear at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday for a show cause hearing as to why the media contact order she issued last week or his conditions of release should not be modified or potentially revoked in light of the post.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.