Kari Lake declines to concede, says she’s assembling legal team

Source: The Hill | November 17, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake (R) declined to concede governor race to Democrat Katie Hobbs Thursday, raising concerns about the election process.

The Associated Press and other outlets projected that Hobbs won the race on Monday. But Lake indicated she is assembling a legal team that is “collecting evidence and data” pertaining to the electoral process.

“Rest assured, I have assembled the best and brightest legal team and we are exploring every avenue to correct the many wrongs that have been done this past week,” Lake said in a video address posted Thursday morning. “I’m doing everything in my power to right these wrongs.”

On multiple occasions, Lake, a Trump-backed candidate, sidestepped questions about whether she would accept the results of her election.

Since Election Day, Lake has called election officials “incompetent,” and shortly after Hobbs was projected as the winner, Lake tweeted: “Arizonans know BS when they see it.”

Lake on Thursday pointed to printing malfunctions in Maricopa County, the state’s most populous county that includes Phoenix, calling it “unforgivable” and claiming voters were disenfranchised.

……..

Some of Lake’s claims were also endorsed by former President Trump, who formally entered the 2024 presidential contest on Tuesday. Lake endorsed Trump in the race.

Lake on Thursday also attacked Hobbs, who serves as Arizona’s secretary of state, for declining to recuse herself from this year’s election proceedings. 

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.