Kasich says he'd back impeachment

Source: The Hill | October 18, 2019 | Rebecca Klar

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said Friday he would back President Trump’s impeachment if he were in the House.

“Look, I fought with people on air over, ‘Is there a quid pro quo’ and ‘Does this rise to the level of impeachment.’ I now believe that it does,” Kasich said during an interview on CNN. “And I say it with great sadness. This is not something I really wanted to do.”

The former governor, who ran for president in 2016, said he would vote to advance the impeachment inquiry, but would want to read and carefully consider the articles of impeachment and see how House Democrats make their case before voting to remove Trump from office.

Kasich said acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney’s comments yesterday indicating the Trump administration held up aid to Ukraine to ensure it investigated issues related to the 2016 election were a breaking point in his view on impeaching Trump. 

“I heard what Mulvaney said, the chief of staff of the president, it pushed me really across the Rubicon,” Kasich said. 

“And I’ll tell you why. Withholding military aid, vital military aid to a nation like Ukraine which has Russian troops inside its territory, that’s threatened all the time, that withholding it so that a political operation can take place — investigate this thing around the server, and we’re going to withhold the aid before you do that — to me it’s totally inappropriate. It’s an abuse of power,” he added. 

Kasich said “this kind of behavior this behavior … cannot be tolerated” and action must be taken.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32680

EVERYDAY #32683

Well, John, you aren’t in congress anymore. And why are people already declaring Trump guilty? He probably is guilty of something, but declaring that you would vote for impeachment or judge him guilty at the senate proceeding just reinforces Trump’s assertion that this impeachment inquiry is a kangaroo court, a witch hunt. This is like a judge in a criminal case declaring the defendant guilty before the trial has even begun.

I just wish these camera hogs would shut up until Trump is impeached — that is, if he is impeached.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.