Kate McKinnon as Elizabeth Warren talks college debt forgiveness on 'SNL'

Source: The Hill | May 5, 2019 | Justin Wise

Comedian Kate McKinnon on Saturday parodied 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” joking about the Massachusetts senator’s “crackpot idea” of actually saying how she’s going to implement policies she’s promoting.

McKinnon, dressed as Warren while appearing to mock her hand gestures, starts the segment by noting how she’s separating herself from the large 2020 Democratic field. 

“I’m setting myself apart from the other candidates by saying what I’m going to do and how I’m going to do it,” McKinnon, playing Warren, said. “Woah, what a crackpot idea.”

She later goes on to discuss her college debt forgiveness plan, noting that when she went to college, it cost her just $2.50 a semester and that she was also offered a scholarship to playing “varsity hoop and stick.”

“College debt forgiveness is essential. I wish I could be forgiven for what I did in college, but that squirrel family was there and I already had a broth going,” McKinnon said, before pointing to the crowd and forming a fist with her hand. “We fought.”

McKinnon’s Warren noted that she hopes her college debt forgiveness plan could separate her from the pack. She then took the opportunity to call out the “clown car” that the 2020 Democratic presidential campaign has turned into.

“I’m working over here round the clock to give you free college but oh look at there, Beto O’Dork did parkour in a Starbucks,” McKinnon said, referring to former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas).

“Whoops, I just figured out universal pre-K, but what’s that over there, mayor Pete Buttigieg playing piano and speaking fluent Klingon,” McKinnon continued, referring to the popularity South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg has gained for his language skills. Both Buttigieg and O’Rourke have launched 2020 campaigns for president.

“I know as a Democrat, I’m not supposed to say this, but speak English,” McKinnon said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.