Kavanaugh protesters chase Cruz out of restaurant

Source: The Hill | September 25, 2018 | Tal Axelrod

Protestors opposed to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court confronted Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and his wife at a restaurant in Washington, D.C. Monday evening, according to social media posts, demanding to know if he would vote for Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

“We believe survivors,” the crowd chanted, referencing the multiple women are accusing Kavanaugh of various degrees of sexual misconduct. 

““Hi, I’d love to talk to you about Brett Kavanaugh tonight. I’m a constituent, love to know what your vote is going to be tonight. I know that you’re very close friends with Mr. Kavanaugh,” a woman asks Cruz, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, in a video posted by the group Smash Racism DC, 

“Senator, I have a right to know what your position is on Brett Kavanaugh,” she added.

“God bless you, ma’am,” Cruz responded. 

“Bless you as well, I really appreciate you,” the woman said. “I’m a survivor of sexual assault. I believe all survivors. There are now three people who have come forward and who have said that Brett Kavanaugh has attacked them. I know that you’re close friends with him. Could you talk to him about that? Could you talk to him about his position?”

Cruz left the restaurant amid the protests. 

…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25817

Consistent #25818

Consistent #25819

Consistent #25822

EVERYDAY #25823

This shows what a classy guy Ted Cruz is. Many people would have taken a swing at these ignorant people or worse.

This kind of “protest” would not have been tolerated not that many years ago. Protesters would have been removed from restaurants and many other public places — and not gently either.

Black Lives Matter has been disrupting restaurants for a while now. I’m willing to bet that these protesters, BLM and other violent groups are allied. Same with those participating in the Judge Kavanaugh witch hunt. It’s likely they are financed by individuals and organizations hellbent on destroying America as we know it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.