Kellyanne Conway: I expect White House personnel changes due to leaks

Source: Washington Examiner | May 14, 2018 | Naomi Lim

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Monday foreshadowed possible personnel changes after President Trump vowed to crackdown on administration aides who leak information to the press.

“I do, actually. Yes, I do,” Conway said when asked by Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum if she expected staff movements in the West Wing.

Conway said the leaks, regardless of the motive behind them, were not helping Trump achieve his policy agenda.

But she added her colleagues were using the media less to “shiv each other” in comparison to earlier in the president’s term.

Trump tweeted Monday that news outlets were exaggerating “so-called leaks” emanating from the White House.

He also slammed officials who tell reporters potentially embarrassing information as “traitors and cowards.”

“The so-called leaks coming out of the White House are a massive over exaggeration put out by the Fake News Media in order to make us look as bad as possible. With that being said, leakers are traitors and cowards, and we will find out who they are!” Trump wrote.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.