Kellyanne Conway leaving White House

Source: Politico | August 23, 2020 | Anita Kumar

She was one of President Trump’s longest-serving aides.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, one of President Donald Trump’s longest-serving aides, announced late Sunday she is leaving the White House. Conway is one of Trump’s top advisers and served as his campaign manager in 2016.

“I’m Leaving the White House. Gratefully & Humbly,” she tweeted Sunday night.

Her husband, George Conway III, a fierce critic of the president, also announced he is withdawing from the Lincoln Project, an organization working to defeat Trump in November.

“We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids,” Conway wrote in a note attached to her tweet. “Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months. As millions of parents nationwide know, kids “doing school from home” requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42200

Consistent #42201

Consistent #42202

EVERYDAY #42205

I guess it took a family crisis to finally extricate Kellyanne Conway from the Trump White House. But I harbor no ill will toward her and wish her, her husband and family all the best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.