Kinzinger shares threat to family

Source: The Hill | June 20, 2022 | Sarakshi Rai

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) on Sunday shared a death threat his family received over his participation in the House select committee’s investigation of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection.

Kinzinger took to Twitter to share the letter that was mailed to his home and addressed to his wife, Sofia Boza-Holman.

The letter threatened harm to the Illinois Republican as well as his wife and child.

He warned of the possibility of “violence in the future” but told ABC’s “This Week” host George Stephanopoulos that he isn’t worried about the threats to him.

“I’m not worried personally. … It threatens to execute me as well as my wife and 5-month-old child,” he said.

“I’ve never seen or had anything like that. It was sent from the local area. I don’t worry, but now that I have a wife and kids it’s a little different. There are people that — there’s violence in the future, I’m going to tell you. And until we get a grip on telling people the truth, we can’t expect any differently.”

Kinzinger, who along with Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) is one of two Republicans who serve on the Jan. 6 select committee, also alluded to his belief that the Republican National Committee is encouraging threats against lawmakers.

“The Darkness is spreading courtesy of cowardly leaders fearful of truth,” he said in his tweet linking to the letter.

Kinzinger, who is not running for reelection, also told Stephanopoulos that he was very concerned about the 2024 elections. “Wake up, America. Wake up, Republicans, because this is not going to be good for you if you think it is,” Kinzinger said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.