Kinzinger supports Jan. 6 panel subpoenas for Republicans, including McCarthy

Source: The Hill | August 1, 2021 | Mychael Schnell

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), one of the two GOP members on the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, said on Sunday that he would support subpoenaing anyone to appear before the panel who can shed light on what former President Trump was doing during the rioti, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

“I would support subpoenas to anybody that can shed light on that. If that’s the leader, that’s the leader,” Kinzinger told host Jonathan Karl on ABC’s “This Week” when asked if he would support subpoenaing McCarthy and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), both of whom spoke to Trump when the rioters were descending on the Capitol.

“If it’s anybody that talked to the president, they can provide us that information. I want to know what the president was doing every moment of that day after he said, ‘I’m going to walk with you to the Capitol,’ after [Rep.] Mo Brooks [R-Ala.] stood up and said, ‘We’re going to kick backside and take names. Today’s the day that … patriots take their country back from other people,'” Kinzinger said.

“I want to know what they were doing because that’s going to be important,” he added.

……..

Kinzinger on Sunday would not reveal who the committee plans to subpoena when asked by Karl, but he did say he would “expect to see a significant number of subpoenas for a lot of people.”

“The truth needs to be out there for even those folks’ kids to know in the future, so it’s gonna be a thorough investigation,” he added.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.