Kinzinger: ‘Trump is becoming irrelevant’

Source: The Hill | July 24, 2022 | Lexi Lonas

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) told ABC’s “This Week” that it will be hard to find anyone who admits to supporting former President Trump in five years time, adding that he thought the former president was becoming “irrelevant.”

Kinzinger, one of the only two Republicans on the Jan. 6 House committee investigating the Capitol riot, was asked how he saw the panel’s public hearings impacting Republican voters.

“This doesn’t appear to be having, you know, a ton of impact. Maybe people are shifting more towards a potential for, I don’t know, a Ron DeSantis. Trumpism isn’t dying, even though Trump is becoming irrelevant,” Kinzinger stated. “I am hearing a lot of anecdotal stuff, around the edges, of people who’ve been hard core with Trump who now just can’t stand him.” 

“I think, though, long term, Jonathan, in like five years, I still believe it’s going to be hard to find someone that will ever admit they were ever a Trump supporter and I think this is where this impact comes, in future history.”

In recent polls, Trump is still shown to have wide support among Republicans consistently leading in polls where voters says they would still support a 2024 GOP primary bid should he opt to officially run again.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.