Kristol-backed group releases ad showing GOP voters blasting Trump over coronavirus response

Source: The Hill | April 3, 2020 | Marina Pitofsky

An anti-President Trump group of Republicans released a new ad showing GOP voters across the country attacking the president over his response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The video ad, released by Republicans for the Rule of Law on Friday, features GOP voters in critical states in the 2020 presidential election, including Pennsylvania, Michigan and Arizona, criticizing Trump.

“Even though I’ve been a Republican all my life, I can’t support Trump, and his response to the coronavirus is exactly why. He told us this infection would just go away, even as it ripped across other countries,” the voters say in the ad. 

“He’s been lying to us about available testing. He has squandered the one advantage that America had: time to prepare. He says he puts America first, but it’s clear he only knows how to put Trump first. This is a crisis, and we need real leadership. Donald Trump is incapable of it,” they continue. 

The ad will air as a commercial during “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday in Washington, D.C., the conservative group confirmed in a statement to the Hill. 

Bill Kristol, director of Republicans for the Rule of Law, said in a Tuesday statement, “When President Trump lied about the coronavirus, about its seriousness, and about the government’s response to it, he damaged the very foundation of our government. The coronavirus is a threat to our people. But the president’s mendacity is a threat to our Constitution.”

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.