Larry Hogan calls for Trump to resign or be removed from office

Source: The Hill | January 7, 2021 | Max Greenwood

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said Thursday that the U.S. would be “better off” if President Trump either resigned or was removed from office and Vice President Pence served out the final days of the president’s term.

“Look here’s where I am. I think there’s no question that America would be better off if the president would resign or be removed from office and if Mike Pence, the vice president of the United States, would conduct a peaceful transition of power over the next 13 days until President [Joe] Biden is sworn in,” Hogan said at a news conference.

Hogan’s remarks came a day after a mob of Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in a bid to upend the certification of the Electoral College results affirming Biden as the president-elect. The rampage sparked brawls with police and forced the evacuation of lawmakers, congressional staffers and others in the building.

……..

“Over the last two months, this sacred tradition has come under attack from our own president, who has chosen to fan the flames of hate and mislead millions of voters through lies and conspiracy theories rather than face the realities of his own defeat,” Hogan said.

……..

“I think I speak for many Americans when I say enough is enough,” Hogan said. “Enough of the lies, enough of the hate, enough of the total dysfunction. Just enough. And I promise to do everything in my power to build trust in what makes this nation great; to heal old wounds rather than inflame them.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.